Saturday, December 13, 2014

today's breakfast

Since it's the weekend, I decided to make an omelet with a side of MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage.

Omelets just aren't the same since I had the bypass.  It tastes the same, but a one-egg omelet is a very different animal from a three-egg omelet:  it doesn't fluff up as much, one has to be very careful when cooking it and flipping it, and it has to constantly be watched because it cooks very fast.  I also have to be careful about how much filling I put in it.  If I put too much cheese or meat in it, that means I don't have as much room in my stomach for a piece of veggie sausage.  And that's true with any meal; it's a balancing act.

I added a wedge of Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Garlic & Herb cheese.  I've started using the Laughing Cow cheese wedges more often:  they're only 35 calories a wedge and one wedge covers 5 Ritz crackers or fills a one-egg omelet.  There's also 2g of protein. I always need more protein.  And they taste great.

I had a breakfast companion today.  Max sat on the big Amazon box next to my desk, while I enjoyed my omelet.  He was a good boy and didn't try to snag a bite.  Unlike his brother...





No comments:

Post a Comment