Wednesday, December 17, 2014

today's breakfast and lunch

I'm trying something different:  celery with chipotle hummus.

I've been in a rut.  I've been eating the same old thing for quite awhile and I need to stop.  I've been overloading on cheese, mostly.  It's a good snack, but it has a lot of calories and fat (I'm not a fat-free cheese kinda person).  Not to mention that it can be a little...binding..., if you know what I mean.

This week I bought some celery and hummus and I've been bringing it to snack on when I want something.  Mind you, I'm not hungry.  I just want to munch on something. Better this than cheese.  I wouldn't have thought of pairing the two had my good friend not served it to me during our visit.  (She made an awesome salad with grilled chicken and homemade dressing!)

So, here's my lunchbox for today:




  • Breakfast was a Dannon Light & Fit Greek blueberry yogurt.  I mixed in some dry roasted peanuts as usual. 
  • Lunch was some garlic & herb chicken breast and Virginia ham from Walmart.  I never thought I'd buy lunch meat at Walmart, but their Prima Della garlic & herb chicken breast is really good.  It doesn't bother my stomach either.
  • Snack was celery sticks and chipotle hummus.  The hummus has some zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment