Sunday, December 14, 2014

the week in review

Well, actually two weeks, but who's counting?

I started my new job on December 1.  I'm so happy to be done with my last job.  I was only there 10 months, but it was such a soul crushing experience.  I don't thing there's anything worse than having to get up and drive 45 minutes to a job you loathe and deal with a micromanaging boss.  When I went to see the psychologist shortly after I took the job, she said that I need to get out of that job because it would cause me to regain the weight I had lost.  I didn't regain, but I definitely stalled for a long.  I wanted to eat all the time while I was there.  Not only because I was trying to distract myself from the misery, but because that office was like a magnet for all kinds of food.  Bagels, Munchkins, chips, cookies, takeout, potlucks, pizza.  You name it, it made it's way to the office kitchen and into my mouth.  But at the new job, the cafeteria is down the hall and through two sets of doors.  I have to walk a fair distance just to get my lunch from the fridge.  So, I tend not to snack anymore.  Plus, I'm happy.  I don't feel the need to graze all day anymore.  As a result, my weight has started to go down again.

I visited my favorite cousin in Pennsylvania last weekend.  We saw an a cappella show, Straight No Chaser.  They were fantastic!  I strongly recommend seeing them if you like a cappella.  We also did some Christmas shopping and had a "jammies and movies" day.  That means we sat around in our pajamas all day and watched movies.  We watched The Notebook (my eyes were killing me for the rest of the day!), Slumdog Millionaire, Now You See Me, 42, and Chicago.  It was a great trip, but it went by way too fast.

My one year appointment with the bariatric surgeon is coming up next week.  I've lost 130 pounds in a year.  I wish I could have lost more than 30 pounds in the last six months, but it's still a a loss.  I have nothing to complain about:  I'm down to an XL/1X shirt size and a 14/16 pant/skirt size.  Now that I'm happier at work I will start losing again. In time I will make my goal.

Finally, we got our Christmas tree last night.  Apparently we don't know our way around yet, because we drove all over the place for a couple hours trying to find a place that sells trees.  We took one last chance and drove in the opposite direction.  Fifteen minutes later we had a tree!  Now it's time to drag out all the Christmas stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment