Saturday, November 15, 2014

last night's dinner

Last night was pork with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.  Corn is supposed to be a no-no, I guess because of the starch.  But I rarely eat it, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm not a big pork eater.  It has to be cooked just right with the right kind of flavoring.  I typically buy pre-marinated pork loins so I don't have to think about what to do with it, but I find them to be pretty salty.  Last night's loin was no exception.  It had good flavor and was juicy, but was a little too salty for me.  I believe I bought it from Aldi.

Yes, I'm still eating on a small salad plate.  I was able to finish most of this plate.  I had one slice of pork, about 1/4 cup of corn and maybe 1/3 of a cup of potatoes.  (I need to get back to measuring, weighing, and tracking.)






No comments:

Post a Comment