Monday, November 17, 2014

a favorite childhood snack

Well, to be honest, I had A LOT of favorite childhood snacks.  That's one reason why I eventually had weight loss surgery.  But anyway...

I've been trying to think of something different to eat.  I'm getting really bored with eating.  I'm at the point where I want something, I prepare it, then decide it's not what I want.  So I make something else and then decide I don't want that either.  It's driving me nuts.  I suspect a lot of it has to do with my unhappiness at work.  And the other part is that I really need to start eating different stuff. I just haven't made the effort lately to eat something different.

I've really been missing peanut butter and jam lately.  I've been avoiding both of these things ever since my surgery because of the calories, fat, and what I thought was a high sugar content in the peanut butter. I recently discovered that peanut butter isn't as high in sugar as I thought it was.  That got me excited so I decided to buy a jar.  I also bought a jar of sugar-free jam.   Jam is really high in sugar so I don't buy it anymore.  I also didn't like the low sugar and sugar-free jams last time I tried them.  But I found Sugar-free Smucker's Blackberry Jam that's made with Splenda. I thought I'd give it another shot.

Since I rarely eat bread, I decided to put the peanut butter and jam on crackers.  It was good, although not the pure ecstasy I thought it would be.  I think it was the jam.  Even though it's sweetened with Splenda, it just didn't taste as good as the regular jam.  Or it could just be the flavor I chose.  Maybe I should have grabbed strawberry or blueberry.  Either way, it was still a good snack.




No comments:

Post a Comment