Saturday, October 4, 2014

today's lunch

I really need to get better about checking to make sure I have ingredients before I cook.  I planned to make Hamburger Helper Stroganoff for lunch for Bob and AFTER I put the ground chicken (I sometimes use turkey or chicken instead of beef) in the pan I decided to check and make sure I had the two cups of milk I needed.  Nope.  Only one cup and Bob needs that for coffee until I go to the store later.  I didn't think it would taste right if I used all water so I abandoned the Hamburger Helper.

So, what to make?  I was out of pasta sauce, which is unusual for me.  I didn't have the right ingredients to make my mom's Ranch Beans.  I checked the cupboard and found some Lipton Onion Soup Mix, so I logged into their website and found a recipe I had most of the ingredients for:  All-American Skillet Casserole.  Of course, I had no cheddar cheese so had to use mozzarella cheese.  No big deal, though.

It was really fast and easy to make, and tasted pretty good, too, although I might stick with cheddar cheese and ground beef next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment