Saturday, June 25, 2016

power crunch protein energy bar: chocolate mint



I tried a new protein bar this week:  Power Crunch Protein Energy Bar, Chocolate Mint flavor.  I found it in Bed Bath & Beyond.  It was less than $2.00, which is a good price for protein bars;  some can run to almost $3.00.

The package says it's an energy bar, but I can't figure out where the "energy" comes from.  I don't see caffeine listed, or anything else that would tell me it's supposed to give me energy.


It has 13g of protein and 5g of sugar, which means I won't have an upset stomach from too much sugar.  It has 205 calories.  My calorie intake is about 1,350, so this fits into my diet.


I really like this.  It's basically a take on the crème filled wafer bar.  You know, the mega sweet ones they sell in the cookie isle?  I really liked the texture and the size of it, and it reminds me of Girl Scout cookies. You know, the outrageously addictive Thin Mints?  Obviously it doesn't taste exactly like that.  If it did, that would mean it's loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners.  But it's really good and tastes minty.  And it's crunchy, which is a nice change from most other protein bars. I would definitely buy this again.




No comments:

Post a Comment