Wednesday, September 9, 2015

rice cake du jour: cream cheese, ham, and apple

I made this rice cake while I was visiting my cousin last week.  As you know I have two big apple trees in my backyard and the apples are starting to ripen.  I brought some apples with me on my trip and decided an apple-topped rice cake might be good.  Especially with ham, since sweet and salty tend to bring out the best in each other.
 
I was right:  it tasted great!
 
Any other apple combinations you can think of that might taste good on a rice cake?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG I tried your rice cake idea yesterday and it was delicious! I bought the lightly salted ones and added goat cheese and chipotle-flavored sliced deli chicken that comes pre-packaged and it was amazing. Thank you for the snack idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Although I got the idea from snoskred. I'm trying to come up with some new combinations. I'll post more when ideas strike!

      Delete