Saturday, September 10, 2016

new Quest bars: oatmeal chocolate chip and blueberry muffin

I've been looking forward to the new Quest protein bar flavors and they're finally here!


This morning I had to go get new tires.  Correction:  I had to get an alignment and get my tires balanced, but ended up needing all new tires. I had a feeling that would happen, since it's been 2 years since I got my last two tires and who-knows-how-many since I got the other two done (way more than 2 years!).  So, $813.00 later, the vibration is gone, the thumping noise is gone, my car is no longer pulling to one side, and it's a really smooth ride.

While I was waiting for the tires to be installed I walked the plaza. There's a Staples (it was warm and humid in there so left pretty quickly), a Dress Barn, Big Lots, GNC, and a few other stores.  I decided to stop in GNC to see if they had the new Quest bars. They did!  I grabbed two of each, plus four other flavors.

I wanted to dive into these right away, but I waited a bit.  This is why I try not to buy protein bars--I tend to treat them like candy bars, when I should really save them for after a tough workout or as a meal replacement.  I was able to wait until I got home, but not too long thereafter.

The Blueberry Muffin is delicious and sweet. It tastes like blueberries, just like it should. And it has little bits of cobbler pieces.  Not really sure what the "cobbler" really is, but it tastes good.  The Oatmeal Chocolate Chip was good. There were some little bits of oatmeal and chunks of chocolate. The oatmeal seemed almost non-existent, though. And it seemed a little heavy on the cinnamon.

I decided to make cookies out of them, like I'd seen on another website. All you do is cut each bar into 8 pieces and bake them at 325 for 6 minutes. About halfway through the baking time you smoosh them down with a spatula or spoon to flatten them. Makes me feel like I'm eating cookies and it allows me to trick myself into eating less. Note:  These cookies are small, about the size of a 50 cent coin.

The verdict?  I like the Blueberry Muffin better as a bar and the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip better as a cookie.




No comments:

Post a Comment