Tuesday, April 19, 2016

exercise update

Just thought I'd give an update on my progress with the personal trainer. I haven't had my weigh-in or body fat measurement this week; that happens Friday, and I'll be sure to post!

Mark has been increasing my weights gradually. I didn't actually notice it last week, but I sure noticed last night! When I started the kettle bell swings he has me using a 10 lb. bell, and last night I was using a 25 lb. bell. And for the medicine ball slams (you can see them here) I started at 8 lbs. and am up to 20 lbs. I was tired last night, but I felt good. And I'm finally starting to feel it in my abs.

My home routine is the same for now, but that will be changing next week. Mark is going to add kettle bell exercises and small free-weights, so I'll need to go buy those this weekend. I'm anxious to see what the new routine will look like, because I find it tough to do now. I can do it, but when it comes to the squat jumps I feel like I'm ready to die when I get to about 13..and I have to do 15--three times! That's probably because all the exercises at home involve my quads (lunges, body squats and squat jumps).

I'm doing better with my pushups. I can't do a full one yet, but I am going down a little lower and I can do 10 to 12 at a time.

I'm also practicing the plank. A couple weeks ago, I started out holding the position for only 15 seconds (I have a very weak core) and I'm now up to 38 seconds. Mark was happy with that improvement, but wants me up to 45 seconds by Friday. I can do it!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It is very satisfying, isn't it? I was in your same position - couldn't do a plank for 10 seconds... then it was 20, then 30 and now I can do one for a minute!! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete