Saturday, May 23, 2015

more mystery plants

I need more help with identifying some mystery plants (or weeds) in my garden.  There are so many different plants sprouting up and I have no idea if they're weeds or not.  I've been thinking that if they pull out very easy, they're probably weeds.  But maybe that's wrong thinking.

The garden is looking better.  I started weeding it.  I do a little at a time so as not to get overwhelmed, which is pretty easy for me.  Maybe next year I will start the weeding earlier.  This year I wanted to see what grew in, since i have no idea what's planted out there.

As you can see, it turned out that the scary-looking fuzzy plants are poppies.  They're blooming now and they look really nice.  The blossoms are huge!





I got a little plaque for Riley's grave.  I really wanted something personalized, but I think this is really nice, too.


And this is Riley.  RIP, buddy!




So, can someone help me identify these plants?



This is the top view of the same plant. The stalks are pretty sturdy, but they pull up very easily.


Probably a weed, not sure.


This doesn't seem like a weed to me, but it could be.


Same here.  It's not a great pic.  It's the fuzzy plant in the front.







2 comments:

  1. I think your sturdy plant is a milkweed. The fuzzy plant is a weed, I think. I get something that looks very similar, and I just yank it up before it gets a chance to flower.
    Here from AAM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking I should head to the library and see if they have some sort of plant identification book. I'm very new to this, so I haven't a clue what all these plants are.

      Delete