Tuesday, September 2, 2014

crystal light: concord grape

For the last few months I've been using Crystal Light to help me get all my water in.  As a post-op, it's especially important that I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.  Dehydration can happen easily.  It was a real struggle trying to drink all that water so I started using Crystal Light.  I mix it up in the morning at work and keep a carafe in the fridge there.  I make one everyday and drink most of it.  At home I use the single-serve packets and put one in a bottle of water.  I try not to exceed 5 glasses of it per day due to the aspartame, although just about everything will kill us nowadays.  I checked with my nutritionist and she's OK with it.  That's been tough to limit consumption lately, though, because they came out with a new flavor:  Concord Grape.

This new flavor is so good!  It reminds me of when I was a kid and used to drink grape Kool Aid, though it's definitely not so sweet.   It doesn't seem to have any kind of after taste, either.

They also have Wild Strawberry now, but it's only in the single-serve packets and it has caffeine.  I'm not supposed to have too much caffeine since that can cause dehydration and the gitters.  I do have it once in awhile, though.  It's got a pretty intense flavor and it's a bit sweet, but I love the strawberry flavor.  makes me feel like I'm drinking a strawberry soda, which I long for every once in awhile.

Other flavors I live on include Lemonade and Iced Tea.  I used to drink pink lemonade, but ever since the surgery I seem to have lost my taste for it.  Another good one is Market Pantry (Target brand) Strawberry Lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment