Wednesday, February 10, 2016

last night's dinner

Last night was boneless pork on the grill, along with a little Rice-a-Roni.  Bob also had vegetables with his. 

I used my favorite seasoning, which is Borsari Seasoned Salt (typically sold in Whole Foods or online).  I'm so happy this stuff exists!  I don't have to look online for different concoctions that call for herbs and spices that I'll likely only use once and will cost an arm and a leg. I used to do that, until I ended up throwing away about 95% of my herbs and spices when I moved to the new house in 2014. I had to go out and buy all new stuff.  This time I was smarter about it, though.  I bought the items I use the most and bought the Badia brand when I could. Badia brand is much less expensive than buying the top brands, such as McCormick; most herbs and spices cost under $2.00 each and they're just as good.

I still have a few unusual spices in my cabinet, like lavender and savory.  I bought those in order to make my own Herbes de Provence.  Not sure why I decided on that particular herb mix.  I'm thinking I had found a recipe online using it as an ingredient and then I just never made the recipe--I do that a lot.  I guess that will have to be one of my missions in the next few months:  find a recipe using Herbs de Provence.

Any suggestions for an herb or spice I can try that's outside of the mainstream?  Do you have a favorite?







No comments:

Post a Comment