Wednesday, February 3, 2016

a cat, a fitbit and a chair

Alex, what are things I got this weekend?  Correct!

This weekend I finally got to adopt Tiffany, a very pretty ragdoll mix kitten from the Stratford Cat Project.  I was supposed to adopt her in November, but she contracted ringworm, a fungal infection of the skin that's common among kittens, so I had to wait until it was cleared up.  She was such a good girl on the way home.  She didn't make a peep.  And that's saying something since the ride was 45 minutes.


I bought myself a Fitbit Charge. It was on sale, plus I had a gift card, so I took the plunge.  I drove myself nuts researching fitness trackers, but decided to go with the most popular since it got good reviews.  I was looking at the Garmin trackers, but I'd read and heard that they are a bit too sensitive, so I decided not to get that brand.  I don't want to log 300 steps just by washing my hands (a nurse told me that happened to her with a Garmin, so she got rid of it and got a Fitbit).


I've been wanting a rocking chair for a very long time.  I used to rock in my grandfather's chair all the time when I was a kid; I can still hear the gentle creaking sound it made. I have good memories of that chair.  So, when my dad asked if I wanted the glider I said yes.  It's not a rocking chair, but it's close. It matches perfectly with the wallpaper and carpeting in the den.


As you can see, the chair has become a cat magnet.  Bob brought it in the house and someone got on it right away.  I hadn't even put the cushion on it yet!  This was taken about an hour after I cleaned it and got it set up.  Oscar is in the seat, Leo is on the ottoman, Bailey is in the cat bed (no one had touched this bed for months!), and Themla is in the background waiting for her turn--it never came.


As a bonus, I took home my baby afghan.  My mom's friend, Aunt Bev I called her, made it for me when I was a baby.  I'd forgotten about it until I went into my dad's closet to get some blankets this weekend. It hadn't been used in years so I took the opportunity to take it home with me. I'm so happy to have it back.  And the cats aren't getting it--I want just one blanket in the house to call my own!








2 comments:

  1. Tiffany is gorgeous! :) Yay for the fitbit, I am loving mine. :) And my nephew bought that exact chair for his grandmother some years ago, when I took him midnight shopping for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should connect through the fitbt app!

      I really like that chair, although I haven't once sat it in yet, as it's always occupied by at least three cats.

      Tiffany is a little bundle of energy. She doesn't like to be held, but she's very affectionate and loves people. This morning she discovered the laundry basket, which was filled with clothing. She was rolling around in it like she was in paradise!

      Delete