Wednesday, January 20, 2016

update on max

Max seems to be doing well.  He's not in the litter box every 10 minutes anymore and seems to be himself.  I'm not thrilled with the fact that he's still not peeing very much, but he might just be drinking less water than usual, or he's doing it when we're not around to check.  I kept him quarantined in our bedroom most of the weekend until it seemed he wasn't in the litter box as much.  He definitely wasn't thrilled with that.  At all. There was lots of meowing and playing with the door handle.
 
Feeding him the prescription cat food separate from the other cats was difficult, so we're giving it to all of them.  They don't have known urinary problems, but because almost all of them are male, senior cats, I figure this might help prevent any problems down the road, or help to alleviate any problems that might be brewing right now. Max decided very early on that he doesn't like the pate style of this food (loved it the first time...then wouldn't go near it), so I had to go back to the vet and get the morsels with gravy, which comes in the little 3 ounce cans.  $33.00 for a case of 24.  Since I have 10 cats, there's no way that case will last me three weeks. Bob is picking up more tonight, since Leo is going back for a checkup on his teeth and gums.
 
Max will be going back to the vet in a few weeks, so hopefully he says that Max can go on another urinary diet that's less expensive. And I'm hoping the urinalysis comes back showing that the crystals have decreased or gone away completely.  I'll post an update then.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I will keep a good thought for Max.. :) Fingers crossed no more crystals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy that I can give the prescription food to all the cats. The doctor says that fine, but to watch for weight gain, as it's higher in calories than the regular food.

      Delete